Mammography is a medical imaging technique that uses low dose X-rays to create detailed images (mammograms) of the internal structures of the breast. It is used as a diagnostic and screening tool and enables the detection of breast cancer.
iScan uses Digital Mammography systems to acquire high resolution images of the breast. In addition, our Manila branch features one of the first installations of the GE Pristina Mammography system in the Philippines – the latest breakthrough Mammography system from GE.
Improved Patient Comfort
Designed with patient comfort in mind – parts of the machine that come in contact with a patients breast have gentle, rounded corners reducing anxiety and discomfort. Armrests also replace the traditional hand grips, allowing for a more relaxed diagnostic procedure.
Superior Diagnostic Accuracy
Our full field Digital Mammography machine is equipped with technology that provides exceptional image resolutions that enable a greater level of detail and a clearer view of the breast tissue to improve diagnostic confidence at optimal doses.
Before the Examination
A gown will be provided for you to change into prior to the examination. You will be asked to remove your top and bra.
During the Examination
- During the exam the patient will be positioned in front of the mammography machine.
- One at a time each breast will be compressed briefly between a plate and adjustable platform. Your technologist will apply brief pressure to flatten the breast to obtain the clearest image.
- Examinations normally take 10-15 minutes.
Results are available the next business day.
- If prior examinations have been done outside of iScan Diagnostic Center, please bring a copy of the film or CD of the images for comparison.
- Wear two-piece clothing so that you will only have to remove your top and bra for the examination.
- It is also advisable to schedule your mammogram two weeks after your menstrual cycle (when breasts are less tender) to help minimize any possible discomfort during your exam.